Around Q4 of 2018, Transaction Warehouse implemented the ability to process Point-of-Sale (POS) transactions through the current Payment System. Currently this is only available to those Utilities that use JetPay as their Payment Gateway, but it is available across all billing systems we are currently integrated with.
Why should I use the Transaction Warehouse pages for POS?
Transaction Warehouse provides the same level of integration for POS as we do for web and phone payments. The advantage is that you can either post these payments directly to the account or let them go to your pending payment page. There is no need to download a file every day or manually post these payments while your customer waits around.
How does it work?
Just log in to the payment system as an Admin. If you don't remember your admin credentials, just give us a call and we'll help you out.
Once logged in, click on Process Payments. This will open up a new window that can stay open all day. You'll need to just enter the account number (obtained from the customer or the CIS) and our system will automatically bring up the account information, including the balance due.
Enter the Payment amount and then went you hit Next, you can swipe the credit card. You'll need to make sure the green light is on the swiper. If you are accepting a payment over the phone, you can key in the customer's credit card information as an option. Once the payment is submitted, you can either print out the receipt or email to the customer.
Depending on the setting, your payment will either post immediately or can be posted with the other pending payments.
Why does it print funny? (Font too small, paper too long)
As we developed this solution, we were unable to test with the number of various receipt printers available on the market. Since this is a web application and not a POS system, it has been tricky for us to fully get the printing to work 100%. Our focus was the ease and integration with the other payment methods.
However, don't fret! We have some helpful hints for you:
- Open up Notepad in Windows
- After a transaction is complete, when the receipt comes up on the screen, copy the contents inside the receipt border and paste into Notepad.
- Go to File > Page Setup. Update the Left and Right Margins to 0.25
- To save the setting, click OK and then File > Print > Select Printer and then click Print
- You can either look into the Properties of your specific printer and see if you can change the page dimensions
- Paste the receipt into Notepad per the instructions above but also change the margins for the length: Right = 0.25, Left m= 0.25, Top = 1.0 , Bottom = 1.0.